Gauging interest on 1996 FTO GPX

The place to adverstise your motor...

Gauging interest on 1996 FTO GPX

Postby glyn1980 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Im looking to sell sept to Oct but just seeing of there will be any interest. I have spent quite a bit on the car since buying last year for £1150. It's had rust repaired in roof, rear drop links replaced, top suspension mounts, front and rear discs and pads, Osram night reader headlight bulbs, electric aerial replaced, white dials and carbon fibre dial surround, carbon wrapped centre console, carbon dipped interior parts and in the last month 2 new rear tyres £150 and a full service including gearbox oil flush, Cambelt, aux belts and water pump, ngk iridium spark plugs front and back, rocker cover gaskets, plug seals, outer cv boot, front track rod ends, ITG induction kit and big bore back box. This service cost £915. The car has mot till may 2013, 3 advisorys from this year have been fixed and I'll have to check when tax is due. It has electric everything, mirrors, windows, climate control etc mp3 cd player with aux input.

The car odometer is showing around 140k which is a mix of klms and miles. Interior is in ok condition for age, seat side bolster wearing down and cloth worn, headliner on sunroof cover has come lose. The car has the typical Mivec oil leak, I think it's from the cam carrier, the garage stopped one leak by replacing rocker cover gaskets, but there is still a small leak, which I have read could be the cam carrier. It literally is only losing a couple of spots of oil, level is checked regularly and haven't needed to top up. There are some stone chips on front bumper and a scuff, the rear bumper took a knock at some point and it has probably damaged a clip, it just sticks out a little at the rear wing, I do have a replacement front and rear bumper inc in the sale.

The car is a 96(P) 2.0 V6 GPX Mivec. 24v tiptronic. Gearbox is fine, car drives well. 0-60 around 7 secs and the Mivec sounds great at high revs. Mivec kicks in around 6000rpm I believe. 200bhp from new, accelerates well and sounds throaty with the ITG and back box.

Any q's or if interested please pm me. £800 or near offer. I always wanted an FTO but now I want the creature comforts of a modern car, like a rear wiper! tried to be honest. Thanks. Pics as required.

glyn1980
Valued Club Member

Re: Gauging interest on 1996 FTO GPX

Postby Lady Lexus » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Can't believe your selling it already! :-(
a.k.a THE OWNERS WAG & BABY MAMA!!!
Lady Lexus
Club Organizer

Postby glyn1980 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:56 am

Don't really have the funds to finish it. It's cost well over what it's worth so far and still too much I'd want to do. Time to cut my losses. It's been fun to a point, shame the rest of the interior won't get dipped now, would have looked good. Like I said time to get something newer. I'm after a Seat Leon FR 2.0 Turbo, seen a few but not really looking until back from hold in sept.
glyn1980
Valued Club Member

Postby Lady Lexus » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Shame you are selling it but good luck with the sale. Look forward to hearing plans of your new project. Even if it's not JAP don't be a stranger :-)
Lady Lexus
Club Organizer

Postby Bensr20 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:07 pm

I can't believe this car looks like this now, lots of very very hard work has been spent from when I first saw it. Good luck with the sale glyn, a very good example of an fto here :mrgreen:
Bensr20
SWJCC Junky

Postby glyn1980 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks mate, will be sad to see it go, but nothing lasts for ever, I just wish I'd got it 10 years ago. Has been a lot of work and loads left to do if I kept it, most interior bits dipped, wheel refurb, tinted rear window, interior retrim etc, just don't feel it's worth spending that money on it. Seen an FR so need this gone soon. Then again I need the bank to be kind and give me a loan first ;-)
glyn1980
Valued Club Member

Postby Bensr20 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Ha ha well good luck, and as Ali said keep us up to date with what you get next :mrgreen:
Bensr20
SWJCC Junky

Postby glyn1980 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Right don't think the car will ever get sold. It's starting to get really hot very quickly. I think the head gasket is on its way out. Will try and part ex or the car will be broken, carbon wrapped consoles and carbon dipped parts available when I do.
glyn1980
Valued Club Member

Postby Lady Lexus » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:02 am

Thats a shame :-( message me if that's what happens as I may be interested in some of the dipped parts
Lady Lexus
Club Organizer

Postby glyn1980 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:30 pm

Car should be going tomorrow, should be picking up a 2006 56 plate Civic SE, just need the finance to be agreed tomorrow am. I got £200 part ex. Had enough of messing around with cars now. Civic will have 3 mods and that is it. Type R grill, tinted windows and colour coded parking sensors with LCD screen. Ali, I'll message u later re the dipped parts.
glyn1980
Valued Club Member

Return to Cars For Sale